Tuesday, April 7, 2009

That shell interview

I went for this shell interview yesterday, and by golly, i was a nervous wreck, well up to the point where i reach shell itself. I'd just start from the beginning k?


**For those who stumbled on this post accidentally thru google, i am not at liberty to disclose the interview questions, what is written hence forth is partly satirical and for good fun only, not for enlightenment


Last week, i couldn't sleep well. I kept getting stupid nightmares about stupid things. Consciously, i put on a never-say-die face, and unconsciously - well i guess i was kinda worked up about it. Let me relate to you of some of my dreams.


1. Little tiny people strung me up on against a coconut tree on the beach, and demanded to know why i came here, and what purpose i could be of service to them.

2. Demons in hell got me chained up, asking me whether i would be up to the task in hell, and asked me to guess the time that i would break.

3. Dwarves in the mountains stacked rocks on me, leaving my head, and asked me to try and figure my way out of the predicament that i am in.

4,5,6,7,8,9 etc, do imagine similar tied up situations and other mythical creatures. Yes, Caitlin, i know you can imagine that, you bondage psycho you.


Sounds all too familiar isn't it? Well, I guess i work out interview questions in me head:)


Anyways, i got Mie to guide me go to Shell, on Saturday. I went to the same spot 3 times. Just to be sure i got the right way. Hahaha. I think, if you ask me right now, i could guide you there blind-folded. And there were a few cars around to simulate traffic jams. Sakai, i know.


Anyways, unto the MONDAY itself. I got there like 9am. And for the first time in my life, i bought News Straits Times to read. I went to the uncle at the counter, gave him RM10 for the coffee and newspaper, then i walked out. Then he shouted "Boy boy, your change!". Ok, so i was a bit nervous then as well.


Got in the building a little while later. I saw this chinese dude, boy was he super nervous, and he made me feel much more calmer:) lovely, and wholefully evil i know. Anyways, his interviewer came and whisked him away. P.S. yea have to wait in the lounge area for interviewer to "jemput" you in. There's quite a number of mosquitoes, suprisingly.


There was another chinese girl at the side, i think that she went to the counter like twice to ask about her interview, i don't know nervous ker, impatient ker, or nak show "initiative". Either way, i wish her loads of luck:)


Then got la this malay guy sitting at the corner, reading this tiny black book, memorizing stuff about Shell, or maybe he stole someone's diary. Anyways, i at first didn't want to disturb him, but then i was bored. So started chatting with him. Haida's a Petronas Scholar from UTP. Yes, i know. Weird. So anyways we were later joined by his mate Amir (i think).


Talk talk talk talk. Until suddenly, this chinese fella came in. Same as the earlier chinese guy, nervous ker, entah entah la. But funny:) Wore full suit and all - very much business-like. His name is Ken, later that we found out. So it was just a bunch of guys talking nonsense, till i got whisked away by Ms. Farah.


Trivia : of the four of us guys, i was the only person who is not an engineer. No, being a financial engineer doesn't make you a real real grease monkey engineer:)



Anyways, the nice Ms Farah had me talking for 45 mins. So i've got my eye out for that email from today onwards till next friday. Wish me luck:) That's all.


The End.
Potong stim betul kan Richard ni?

:)


And last note, Senor Joel, i know i might not be your fav student, but i will do my best!

Cheers!

1 comment:

muse said...

i believe the only person thinking of bondage was you and you alone.

i just think you're a nervous wreck that day till your mind speaks gibberish *grins*

good for me tho. you were highly amusing then

*evil laughters!*